Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield were developed by Game Freak and published by Nintendo for the Nintendo Switch. Sword and Shield are almost identical games. Whether you are a new player or a veteran, Pokémon Sword and Shield is a game worth playing.
The latest game mechanics are well-designed on both versions, and the DLC updates are adding even more content to the massive game!
In this guide, we are talking about Toxel, a small, purple-colored, lizard-like baby Pokémon that was first introduced in Generation VIII. Toxel has a lightning bolt-like bulge on its forehead, surrounded by four conical spikes on its head. Toxel can evolve into Toxtricity from level 30 based on its Nature.
Toxel can store poison and secretes the poison through the skin. By manipulating the chemical composition of its poison, toxel can generate electricity. Toxel can pass on electric poisons through its skin. Although the generated voltage with this electrified poison is weak, it can paralyze the enemy.
- In Pokemon Sward: Toxel can store the poison in its internal poison sac and secretes the poison through its skin. When you touch this Pokémon, an unusual sensation follows.
- In Pokemon Shield: It manipulates the chemical makeup to generate electricity. The voltage can paralyze even though it’s comparatively weak.
Now let’s find out how to catch Toxel and the Toxel evolution process into Amped Form and the Low Key Form of Toxtricity.
- Low key Form Toxtricity: A calm, quiet Toxel will evolve into the Low Key Form.
- Amped Form Toxtricity: Toxel with a more excitable/active nature will evolve into an Amped Toxtricity
Is Toxel a good Pokemon?
Toxel is one of the worst Pokémon until it reaches level 30. At level 30, Toxel will evolve into the final evolution of Toxtricity (Low key or Amped). Toxel needs the care to be taken unless it reaches level 30, and its special abilities will be unbarred.
Is amped or low-key Toxtricity better?
Toxel evolution depends on his nature. You will see the difference in color, although the primary difference between the two lies in their final attacks at level 52. They also hold the potential to learn different Hidden Abilities.
- Amped Form has Venoshock that makes the Pokémon spit venom like Arbok and Seviper and double the damage against a poisoned foe.
- The Amped Form can acquire a Steel-type attack that increases Toxtricity’s attack and speed called Shift Gear.
- The Hidden Ability for Amped Form is Plus, on the other hand, is Minus for Low Key Form.
- The Low Key Form of Toxel acquires Magnetic Flux, an Electric-type attack that increases the defense & special defense of one of the Pokémon in your party. Although, it depends on the Pokémon’s Plus or Minus Ability.
- The Low-Key Form has special attacking ability and speed, which can also be used for support.
You can catch or obtain Toxel in multiple ways in Sword and Shield. Getting it and evolving it into either Low Key or Amped form involves a lot of fun. Let’s find out where you are going to find Toxel in Sword and Shield.
Where to Get Toxel in Pokémon Sword and Shield?
Toxel can be obtained in two ways. The easiest way to get a Toxel in Pokémon Sword and Shield is to visit the Pokémon Nursery right after defeating Milo, the leader of the grass-type gym at Tuffield.
Enter the Pokémon Nursery and talk to the woman on the right standing next to the Toxel. She will tell you the Toxel hatched recently and gift it to you.
To get more Toxel so that you can have both amped and low-key forms, you’ll need to catch him around the Galar region’s Wild Area and route 7. The map included below displays Troxel’s Habitats;
Toxel appears randomly on Route 7, while, in the Wild Area, you’ll see the Toxel walking around.
Below I have added the sections of the Wild Area where Toxel appears and in what weather conditions must meet.
|Wild area location||Weather condition|
|Bridge Field||Sunny, Raining, Thunder|
Note: Toxel isn’t that hard to obtain or evolve. It’s very exciting to get every Pokémon in the Pokédex because there are so many tricks available to do so.
Toxel Evolution: How to evolve Toxel into Toxtricity?
Once you get the Toxel, it will evolve into Toxtricity at level 30. As I have mentioned, the evolution of Toxel into an Amped Toxtricity or Low Key Toxtricity depends upon its nature.
To discover the nature of your Toxel, follow these steps:
- While the game is on, enter the main menu by pressing X.
- On the menu, select Pokémon.
- If Toxel is in your party, hover over him and press A to get the Pokemon submenu. If not, press R on the Boxes and then click on it.
- Then select Check Summary.
- Now using your joystick, scroll over to the pencil & paper icon. There you will see the nature of your Toxel along with its description.
Similar content: 10 Best Sword Enchantments In Minecraft
Natures needed for either Toxtricity form –
Suppose you want your Toxel to be evolved into the Amped Form. In that case, it should have one among these natures & Toxel evolution will automatically trigger the Amped form of Toxtricity upon reaching the required level.
And if you want your Toxel to be evolved into the Low Key Form, then it should have one of these natures:
How useful is Toxtricity in Pokémon Sword and Shield?
Due to the ability to evolve into two types of forms, Toxicity can be a highly useful Pokémon for your party. Moreover, the poison and electric moves that Toxtricity can learn make it a very effective attacker, either by poisoning or paralyzing its opponent.
The ability to paralyze other Pokémon makes Toxtricity a good choice to catch new Pokémon in the Wild Area.
Paralyzing the targeted Pokémon will prevent it from attacking you, making them easier to catch. Thus paralyzing a Pokémon increases the chance of capture!
Toxtricity can easily take care of water-type Pokémon, which makes it a great choice for the second Gym and has the edge over both fairy & grass-type Pokémon.
Now that you know how to get Toxel and evolve it into Troxtricity, you can add its forms to your party. If growing both seem too much of a hassle, at least you now know the natures and which will evolve into which form!
After that, you can certainly focus on getting the final evolution of Toxel Pokémon.
📝 Similar Articles: