Are you interested in joining the large community of Reddit users? You’re in good company – with over half a billion users, Reddit offers a wealth of information, discussion, and engagement opportunities.
To fully experience all that Reddit has to offer, it’s a good idea to set up your account as soon as possible.
This guide provides a comprehensive overview of Reddit, including what it is and a step-by-step guide on how to create a Reddit account, whether you’re using a PC or an Android device.
What is Reddit?
Reddit is a website based in the United States that allows users to share and discuss news stories, rate content, and engage in conversations. It has a threading system similar to Twitter but with no character limit, allowing for in-depth discussions.
Users can post various forms of content, including text, links, videos, images, and GIFs. The platform is organized into communities or subreddits, each with rules about discussion topics and conduct.
With reports of it being the 9th most visited website worldwide and 6th in the US, many people choose to create a profile on Reddit.
Steps to create a Reddit account using a PC
Creating a profile on most platforms is a simple process, particularly if you’re keen on linking your social media or Google account to the platform.
To create a Reddit profile on your PC, you will need to use your email address to set up the account.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to create a Reddit profile on your PC:
- Go to the Reddit website by navigating to reddit.com on your browser.
- Locate the “Sign up” button in the page’s top right corner.
- You will be directed to the registration process.
- On the registration page, choose one of the options provided, “Continue with Google” or “Continue with Apple,”
- Or alternatively, input your email address in the designated field and click on continue.
- Next, you must provide your desired username and password in the signup process.
- Then complete the human verification check.
- Once done, click on signup to complete the registration.
- In the next step, you will have to pick your identity from the list.
- Then, select a minimum of three topics that you’re interested in.
- After picking your favorite topics, you will need to pick your interested communities.
- Click on the (+) button to join a community or click twice to unselect a community.
- Then, select an avatar to represent your account. (this is how people will see your profile on Reddit.)
- Click the Randomize button to pick a random predefined avatar, and select continue.
- Once done, you will have your Reddit account successfully created.
📝 Don’t forget to confirm your email address so you can make changes to your profile later through email verifications. In addition, a confirmed email address ensures you have full access to your profile afterward.
When your Reddit account is ready, you will be automatically subscribed to some default subreddits & communities. You can create a community, too, for people to join and have conversations on a particular subject.
Your Reddit feed will show the posts from the communities you currently follow. You can leave a community whenever you want if that does not belong to your best interest or isn’t relevant enough.
To find new communities search with the keywords related to the topic and then join the ones you find interesting.
Steps to Create a Reddit Account on Mobile App
- On your mobile device, open the Google Play Store app.
- Search for the “Reddit” app.
- Download and install the app.
- Once the app is installed, inside the app screen, tap the profile icon in the top right corner. This will open the side menu with Sign Up or Login options.
- Make sure to tap on the “Signup/Login” option in the menu.
- On the registration page, choose one of the options provided, “Continue with Google” or “Continue with Apple,” or alternatively, input your email address in the designated field.
- To register with email, tap on continue with email and provide your email, username, and password in the registration form that appears on your screen.
- In the “About You” section, provide your identity.
- Choose the topics you would like to follow from the available interests.
- Choose an avatar that represents you.
- Once your profile is set up, navigate to the home dashboard to begin browsing and engaging with content; enjoy!
If you want to maintain anonymity while asking questions or leaving comments on Reddit, it’s best to use a throwaway account that cannot be traced back to you. A throwaway account is a secondary Reddit account created for temporary use which is distinct from your primary Reddit account.
Keep in mind, even if you use an account that can’t be linked to you, it doesn’t mean you can say anything without being found out. Be mindful of the information you share.
How to create a Reddit throwaway account?
On Reddit, creating multiple accounts is possible and free of charge. To maintain anonymity, you can use a separate throwaway account while keeping your main account signed in.
This can be achieved by opening an incognito window, using a different browser, or switching to another browser profile. After that, you will need to create a new account on Reddit.
- Navigate to Reddit and select the “Sign Up” option from the profile icon dropdown menu.
- If you notice an account is already logged in, make sure to log out before creating a new account.
- Then go to the sign-up page and use a random email address. (it works)
- Next, you will be asked to enter your username and password and complete the CAPTCHA.
- Once you are done, click on continue to your new account.
- You will notice the “about you” pop-up on your account dashboard, which you can skip. Since this is not your regular credit account, you can skip anything with the “skip” option.
- In the next step, you must select one community to be able to continue to your account.
- After selecting your community, your new Reddit throwaway account will be ready to use.
Is Reddit free to join?
Member registration on Reddit is free. All your need to do is register for an account to access its standard features. You can upgrade to the Reddit premium for a monthly or yearly subscription.
How much does a Reddit Gold account cost?
Reddit Premium, formerly known as “Reddit Gold, costs $5.99 per month when billed monthly. Monthly payment goes directly to its thousands of hosted communities and supports Reddit.
Do you need an email to create a Reddit account?
When creating your account, you may have noticed that an email address is not a required field. However, there are certain situations where it can come in handy.
For instance, if you ever forget your password, an email address on file will be necessary to reset it.
Additionally, you will not receive notifications for comments and messages without an email address.
📝 More Articles:
- How To Fix This Person Is Unavailable On Messenger Issue 
- How to Delete Instagram Messages in 2022 [Tutorial]
- How To Cancel Brazzers Membership [Guide]
- 10 Best Sword Enchantments In Minecraft You Must Try