If you’re having trouble with your Facebook Portal, you can try rebooting it. This can help clear up any glitches and get things running smoothly again. Rebooting portal also wipes your linked accounts and any settings adjustments you have previously done.
How to factory reset Portal and Portal mini
- First, unplug the portal.
- Press and hold both volume down and power button then without releasing them plugin the portal back in.
- Portal will display a notification that it will reset in 10 seconds, press & hold both volume down and power button until the resetting process starts.
How to reboot Facebook Portal Plus
- Press and hold the volume down button located on the top of the device while pressing the power button located on the back.
- Tap on the Factory Reset option on the Portal device screen.
- It will initiate the factory data resetting process immediately.
- Once Portal finishes the rebooting process you can set up Portal as a brand new device.
How to factory reset Facebook portal gen 1
- Press and hold the volume down button while pressing and holding the power button next to it.
- Then tap on the factory reset option on the portal display.
- Wait for the portal to finish the factory resetting process.
- When done, you can set up portal gen 1 from the beginning.
👉🏽 Also Read: This Person Is Unavailable On Messenger: How To Fix
How to reboot a Facebook Portal via settings
- First go to the settings app [tap on the [icon name=”gear” prefix=”fas”] icon]
- Then select Accounts on the setting menu.
- Tap on the account that appears under portal accounts.
- On the next screen tap on remove portal account.
- In the next step, you must log in to Facebook with the help of a unique code that appears on the portal in order to make a change on the portal device.
- On your mobile phone or laptop visit facebook.com/device and then type the unique code from the portal screen into the “enter code” text box.
- Then tap on confirm your device login to start making changes on the portal device.
- As soon as you confirm it portal will ask if you want to remove your selected account from the Facebook portal.
- Tap on remove and by removing the account portal is going to be reset.
- Tap on reset to start factory reset process.
Check this video for a better visual representation of these steps:
What is Facebook Portal?
Portal is an intelligent video calling hub with a built-in Alexa smart assistant released by Facebook. It can be used through either your Facebook or WhatsApp account, but you need to have an account on those to use this feature!
How do I factory reset my Portal TV?
Press and hold the side button on your Portal TV and plug in the power cord at the same time. You will see a notification that your Portal TV will Factory Reset in 10 seconds. Continue holding the button during the countdown until the rebooting process starts.