Encountering issues with the Razer Synapse failing to start is a prevalent problem that numerous Razer Synapse users have faced. When the Razer Synapse fails to start, you may encounter a message that says “fail to start.”
This is one of those annoying issues, but you can easily fix it with the help of this guide. Keep reading to learn how.
Why is Razer Synapse Not Opening?
There are multiple reasons to possibly prevent the Razer Synapse application from running smoothly:
- Razer Synapse will fail to launch when there’s an application file missing in the installation directory.
- The proper functioning of the Synapse app can be affected by Razer background processes.
- An outdated device driver can prevent it from starting.
- Application conflicts with the Windows firewall, other antivirus software, or its sister app Razer Surround might be the cause.
- If the application encounters temporary bugs, it may fail to run appropriately.
- Windows core isolation or missing Microsoft .NET Framework libraries can hinder runtime of the application.
Tip: Razer Synapse may struggle to detect components correctly if connected Razer peripherals suffer damage or are disconnected, but such events should not prevent the application from starting. Hence you should not be worried about the peripherals at fault but ensure they are appropriately connected.
10 Ways to Fix Razer Synapse Not Opening Precisely
Irrespective of the underlying reason, the following solutions have been found to be effective in resolving the issue. You may follow the steps in the given order to troubleshoot the problem.
Fix 1: Close Synapse Background Processes
A good place to start is to turn off Synapse background processes that are already running. If your PC is still running Razer background processes from the previous runtime, that may conflict with a new start of the application.
Therefore, you should close these processes related to Razer Synapse from the Task Manager before starting the application fresh.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open your Task Manager.
- Go to the Processes tab.
- Right-click on Synapse processes and select the end task to eliminate these processes.
- Then, type “msconfig” in the search bar of Windows.
- Select the “Services” tab.
- Tick the “Hide all Microsoft services” checkbox.
- Click on “Disable all” and apply the settings.
- After that, restart your PC.
Once your PC restarted, right-click on the Razer Synapse application and then run it as Administrator. See if that fixes the Synapse startup issue.
If the Synapse application still struggles to run, try uninstalling the Razer Surround.
Fix 2: Uninstall Razer Surround
Razer Synapse has a sister application called Razer Surround that creates an immersive 3D sound environment for your headphones that it suggests installing during the update or first installation.
Razer Surround can benefit your experience unless it conflicts with Razer Synapse. When Razer Surround is the reason for a conflict with the Razer Synapse, you can fix it by disabling or uninstalling the Razer Surround application.
- Search for Add or Remove programs on the Windows search bar.
- Scroll down until you find the Razer Surround application.
- Select the application and then click on uninstall.
- After uninstalling it, restart your PC.
Now, try to run the Razer Synapse application and see if it opens properly. If Razer Synapse does not open correctly, move to the next fix.
Fix 3: Allow Razer Synapse Through Windows Defender Firewall
Windows firewalls and windows defender, including third-party anti-virus software, can sometimes disrupt the proper functioning of Windows applications, including Razer Synapse.
That’s why you should try creating an exclusion rule for Razer Synapse to function smoothly. To allow Razer Synapse on the windows defender firewall,
- Open the control panel > System and Security > Windows Defender Firewall
- Then click Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall.
- Scroll down until you find the Razer Synapse application.
- Ensure both checkboxes are ticked, and then click on Change settings.
- If you can’t find Razer Synapse and its related services on the list, click Allow another app and locate the application in the Razer installation directory.
Fix 4: Reinstall Razer Device Drivers
Razer Synapse won’t open if there’s a Razer driver issue. Resolving this problem is straightforward; you can download and reinstall the drivers for the connected peripherals.
Typically, windows download the drivers when connected to the internet or Wi-Fi, but a clean driver installation should help you resolve this better. In case you cannot find an update on Device Manager, you can also use free driver updater utilities, such as bit driver updater.
To reinstall the Razer device driver via the device manager:
- Search for the device manager on the taskbar. Then expand the following;
- Mice and other pointing devices.
- Human interface devices.
- Right-click on the Razer devices under these categories and select uninstall device on the context menu.
- You may get the Delete the driver software for this device option on the uninstall dialog box. If it appears, make sure to approve it.
- Then click on uninstall.
- Now, unplug your system’s Razer components and restart the PC. Once the PC is restarted, plug all the Razer peripherals into the system.
Windows should automatically detect the Razer components and start downloading the drivers. If not, you can manually install the drivers via Windows update & device manager.
After Windows finishes installing the necessary drivers, check if Razer Synapse opens correctly. If the problem persists, proceed to the next fix.
Fix 5: Clear Temporary Files
Typically, an application removes any temporary files it generates when it is shut down. However, these files may remain in certain situations and lead to possible application conflicts.
It could be that your Razer Synapse may have unexpected temporary files that need to be cleaned up. So you should try to delete these temporary files.
- Open the Run dialog by searching for “Run” in the Windows search bar.
- Type “%temp%” into the Run dialog and click “OK.”
- A folder will open where you should select all files by pressing “Ctrl+A” and then delete them.
- Then restart your PC.
Fix 6: Install Microsoft .NET Framework
Installing the latest version of the Microsoft.NET framework is important to ensure that Razer Synapse works appropriately. This framework serves as the runtime environment for Synapse.
To download the latest version:
- Visit the Microsoft website and search for the Microsoft.NET software.
- Download the latest version available.
- Once you have installed the latest version, restart your PC. With any luck, the issue of Razer Synapse not opening will be resolved.
Fix 7: Disable Windows Core Isolation
Windows 10 2018’s April update introduced core isolation and memory integrity. When the Core isolation feature is enabled, windows create a secure area of system memory with the help of virtualization technology to run the Windows system process and security programs.
It is a layer of protection to protect the system from virus/malware attacks. Unfortunately, enabled core isolation can cause the Razer Synapse not opening issue.
You can try disabling the Windows security’s core isolation feature in case your Razer Synapse is not loading appropriately:
- Find the feature in Windows security.
- Go to Device Security.
- Click on core isolation details.
- Disable memory integrity.
After disabling “memory integrity,” try running the Razer synapse. In case it doesn’t help, proceed to check for application updates.
Fix 8: Check for Application Updates
The app bug or glitch can sometimes be fixed by updating the applications. This will eliminate app-related bugs and help you resolve the Razer Synapse not opening error.
To do that:
- First, RUN the Razer Central application from this directory –
C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer\Razer Services\Razer Central
- Once Razer Central has started, you should be able to access it on the taskbar.
- Right-click on the Razer icon and click on Check for updates.
- This should initiate an update check for both Razer Synapse and Razer Central.
- If it finds any updates, make sure to install those.
- When both modules are up-to-date, you should see a green tick representing they have the latest build installed.
After that, check if Razer Synapse starts correctly. If not, you should look to do a clean reinstall in the next solution.
Fix 9: Reinstall Razer Synapse Application
If none of these methods seems to help, you can consider uninstalling Razer Synapse completely and performing a fresh installation.
A clear reinstallation will remove all traces of Razer software from your system, effectively resolving the issue of Razer Synapse not opening on your PC.
Here’s how to clean and reinstall Razer Synapse:
- Press Windows + R to launch the Run application, type “appwiz.cpl” then press Enter.
- Select and uninstall Razer Synapse and Razer Core from the list of programs installed on your computer.
- After uninstalling the applications, press Windows + E to launch file explorer and navigate to the following location:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer
- The files in this directory should be hidden, so you must unhide them first. Click on the View tab at the top of the window and check on “Hidden items.”
- Then delete all the files present in that folder. A confirmation might be required; if prompted, select Yes. Also, delete all the files present in this directory too:
After deleting these files, restart your computer and then proceed to install Razer Synapse on your computer with the following steps:
- First, download the latest Razer Synapse from their official website.
- Once downloading is complete, run the executable.
- The executable will extract & process all the required files before taking you to the installation window.
- You must accept the Razer end-user license before proceeding.
- Once the licensing is agreed upon, the installation process will start.
- Wait for the installation to complete, click on finish and exit the installation wizard.
Once you have reinstalled Razer Synapse, restart your PC, launch the application, and check if the issue with the application startup has been resolved. If the problem persists, try updating your Windows.
You can read the following: How to fix the Nvidia graphics driver is not compatible with this version of Windows.
Fix 10: Update Your Windows
Microsoft releases frequent updates to improve its operating system. A Windows update may resolve the Razer Synapse’s conflicts with the older version of your Windows, resulting in an application start-up error.
By default, Windows updates are automatically installed, but if you have modified the update settings, you may need to initiate the process manually. To verify if there are any available updates for Windows:
- Search for updates in the Windows search bar & click on check for updates from the result.
- Windows update window will appear. If your Windows is not up-to-date, click the check for updates button.
- Download the available updates.
- Restart your PC and run the application to see whether updating fixed the Razer Synapse not opening issue.
Are you able to open Razer Synapse on your PC?
With this troubleshooting list, it is expected that you will be able to launch the Razer Synapse application correctly, and you can relive the Synapse experience you have been eagerly anticipating.
???? Similar Articles: