When we post a comment on the Tiktok video, we might want to look at it later. Unfortunately, unlike Facebook or other social apps, Tiktok does not have an “activity log”, so finding the video where you have commented is not effortless.
If you neither liked nor added the video to your favorite list, you could struggle to get back to the video. This tutorial is on how to see your comments on Tiktok.
Hopefully, an update will come to access your comment history in the future, but as of now, you will have to rely on other users’ activity on your comments.
Ways To See Your Comments On TikTok
1. Wait for someone to like or reply to your comment
You will find the notification under the “all activity” section when someone reacts to your comment with a like or reply. This way, you can return to your previous comment on the Tiktok video. But then it’s dependent on “if someone reacts”.
The all activity section will link your comment with the recent activity it receives, like this:
You can see all activities by tapping on the inbox icon; sometimes, you might find a reply or like notification on your comment. You can click the notification to arrive at the video you commented on.
2. Find Your Comments In The Liked Videos Section
If you liked the video you have commented then you should be able to find them in the liked videos section.
- Once you open TikTok, head to the “edit profile” page.
- Below the edit profile option, you’ll see a heart-shaped icon. (it does show a privacy badge on the heart icon means your video history is by default private, which you can make public if you want)
- Tap on the heart icon, and TikTok will display your previously liked videos on the platform.
However, to find the video you have commented on, you might have to scroll through the list, which might be a bit longer if you usually watch a long set of videos.
You can use two ways to keep track of your comments on Tiktok. This will ensure you won’t struggle to find your comments in the future.
- When you comment on a video, mark them as favorites. This will save the video in your favorite section so you can access them immediately. I know this is not usual for listing a video as a favorite where we post comments, but practicing so will save you from spending good minutes trying to find the video.
- If you don’t want to make the videos a favorite, a quicker alternative is to like the video. Then you can find the video in the liked video section as described in the above step.
3. Check your recently watched videos
Tiktok allows you to check your watch history. However, going through all the videos could be painful and even tricky when the videos are not in chronological order.
To check Tiktok watch history, you need to:
- First, open the Tiktok app and tap on your profile.
- Then tap on the three-line menu in the top right corner.
- Next, scroll all the way down and tap on settings and privacy.
- Then tap on watch history underneath the “Content & Activity” section in the middle of the page.
Note: If you can’t find any videos on your watch history, your watch history settings could most possibly be turned off. Tap the gear icon in the top left corner, then toggle on Watch history.
It’s frustrating that there’s no straightforward way to see your comments on Tiktok. Once you pass it, it’s gone. Therefore, until a dedicated feature to check Tiktok comments is added, we will utilize the ways we have in hand.
📝 Similar Articles: